Winter is quickly approaching, so it’s the perfect time to prepare your home for the chilly weather ahead. One important item for your fall to-do list is to schedule an annual furnace maintenance check.
Staying on top of regular furnace maintenance provides a number of benefits including the following:
- Improved energy efficiency. During a service visit, a technician will clean or replace the filter, lubricate the motor and adjust the tension of the fan belt. This will help boost the overall performance of your furnace and can wind up saving you money on your heating costs all winter long.
- Better indoor air quality. Over time a furnace’s filter can become clogged, losing its ability to effectively remove contaminants from the air. So, getting the filter cleaned or replaced also will boost air quality in your home.
- Fewer breakdowns. Regular furnace maintenance can catch small problems before they turn into major repairs.
- Longer equipment life. Keeping your furnace clean and well maintained with regular tune-ups can help to prolong its usable life. Given the cost of a new furnace, it is well worth keeping your old one around as long as possible.
- Peace of mind. During an inspection, an HVAC specialist performs a number of safety checks including testing electrical connections, checking for gas leaks and testing for carbon monoxide. You can relax and enjoy the winter worry-free knowing that these potential problems have been addressed by a professional.
If you live in the greater Sacramento area and would like to schedule a fall service visit for your home, contact us at All Year Heating, Air and Solar. Our qualified technicians look forward to helping you get your furnace in tip-top shape as the heating season begins.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about furnace maintenance and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.