A geothermal heating and cooling system is one of the most efficient systems available to homeowners, outperforming even solar-powered HVAC equipment.
While solar efficiency is subject to the availability of the sun, geothermal systems access thermal energy stored underground. Geothermal technology is not dependent on the weather, as temperatures underground (throughout the United States) are ideally suited for efficient heating and cooling.
If you’re considering such as system, consider these fast facts:
- Geothermal technology accesses unlimited, renewable energy under the ground.
- If 100,000 homeowners replaced their conventional heating and cooling systems with geothermal ones, that could lead to upward of 37.5 trillion Btu’s and $750 million in energy savings over the life of the systems.
- At the same time, these replacements would lower America’s reliance on foreign oil, reducing our oil consumption by almost 2.2 million barrels each year.
- Of all the available heating and cooling systems, geothermal systems produce the least amount of emissions.
- The Environmental Protection Agency reports that geothermal systems produce 40 percent less emissions than air-source heat pumps, and 70 percent less than electric resistance heating systems — when comparing air-conditioning systems.
- Geothermal systems lower energy bills, with the potential to reduce electricity consumption by as much as 50 percent per household. For the average home, that means that you could spend as little as $1 per day to power a geothermal system.
- Geothermal systems save significantly on heating costs, up to 70 percent, and up to 50 percent on cooling costs.
- Geothermal technology can also provide for a home’s hot water needs, greatly reducing energy bills for heating water.
- It’s estimated that more than 750,000 geothermal systems are already in operation, dramatically reducing greenhouse gas emissions and energy costs.
Get the geothermal heating and cooling system edge in your home, and tap the unlimited, renewable energy source right under your feet. At All Year Heating, Air & Solar, we’re committed to providing area homeowners with the best green heating and cooling solutions. Call us today to find out how geothermal technology could advance your home comfort and energy savings. Serving the Greater Sacramento area, we’re always happy to help.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Green energy image via Shutterstock